|Posted on November 9, 2012 at 12:55 AM|
1. What is your favorite color(s)?
Blue, black, red.
2. What got you into Magic?
My dad is a long-time player who introduced me to the game.
3. How long have you been playing Magic?
I learned the rules when Magic 2010 came out, started playing seriously during Worldwake.
4. Favorite card(s)?
Ball Lightning, for sentimental value. I also like Stalking Vampire and Tavern Swindler for the art.
5. Least favorite card(s)?
As of Return to Ravnica, Thragtusk. I find playing against it to be incredibly tiring.
6. Most overrated card(s)?
7. Most underrated card(s)?
8. Best mechanic?
Cycling. Any colorless ability that helps to reduce variance is fine in my book. I also have an irrational love for small flying creatures.
9. Worst mechanic?
Miracle. Way to make topdecks decide the match even more than they already do.
10. Favorite Ravnica guild?
11. Favorite Alara shard?
12. Favorite 2 color combination?
Either blue-red or blue-black.
13. Favorite 3 color combination?
14. Least favorite color combinations?
Mono green. Blech.
15. How many decks do you have?
16. What's your favorite or best deck?
Usually it's some rogue aggro-control monstrosity. As of this post, I'm playing Grixis control.
17. What non-basic land card do you own the most copies of?
As of this post, Evolving Wilds.
18. What card do you want more than any other card (not counting re-sale value)?
Whatever card I need for my deck but don't have.
19. What would you change about Magic if you could?
Many things, but most importantly abolish the booster pack and sell everything as equally common singles.
20. Favorite creature?
Ball Lightning. Bzzt.
21. Favorite planeswalker?
Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker. That's one fellow you seriously don't mess with.
22. Favorite non-creature, non-planeswalker card?
Preordain, because if there's anything better than scrying, it's drawing cards.
23. Favorite character?
The one and only magnificent Elder Dragon mastermind, Nicol Bolas.
24. Have you read any of the Magic novels? If so, which ones?
Only Agents of Artifice, which was good but not stellar.
25. Favorite competitive format?
26. Favorite casual format?
27. Favorite limited format?
Cube, especially offbeat ones like my Aircube.
29. Favorite EDH general?
Isperia the Inscrutable. She's the living embodiment of my favorite creature keyword.
29. Do you say EDH or Commander?
Usually Commander, except when my tongue slips.
30. Favorite tribe?
It's split between Elementals and Kamigawa Spirits.
31. What cards do you wish were never printed?
Chaff commons that are unplayable even in limited.
32. Archenemy or Planechase?
Both are terrible formats.
33. How many boosters do you buy a week?
34. Singles or boosters?
Singles, no contest.
35. Best one-drop creature?
36. Best two-drop creature?
37. Best three-drop creature?
38. What's your least favorite kind of deck to play against?
Awful noob decks that look like sealed pools.
39. What's your opinion on mythic rares?
They're a natural evolution of the booster pack model, which is as usual a rip-off and unfair to Constructed players.
40. What's your opinion on planeswalkers?
41. What's your opinion on the Reserved List?
It doesn't really affect me, so I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other.
42. Most annoying mechanic to play against?
43. What's your favorite set and block?
Favorite set: Future Sight. Favorite block: Alara.
44. Do you ever buy starter decks?
45. How does Magic compare to other trading card games? Better or worse?
It's definitely better. I would expect a 17-year-old game to be.
46. What should be the theme of the next block?
47. Do you ever play with creature auras?
Only if they're good.
48. How do you feel about the current power level in Magic?
It's alright. It wouldn't hurt for the format to be a little slower though.
49. What's one card that you use that nobody else does?
50. Favorite artist?
Jason Chan has the best artwork. Steve Argyle is a pretty cool guy too.
51. Least favorite artist?
Phil Foglio, maybe? I'm not a big fan of the Western cartoon style.
52. What cards have the best artwork?
I like huge sweeping landscapes, elegant composition, and dark-haired girls.
53. What cards have the worst artwork?
Most cards now have great artwork, but cards like Chemister's Trick bug me.
54. Aggro, combo or control?
55. What's the weirdest deck you've ever built?
Five-color Door to Nothingness ramp.
56. Do you play MTGO or Duels of the Planeswalkers?
Only Duels, and only campaign.
57. What needs to be nerfed in Magic?
58. What needs to be buffed in Magic?
59. Would you rather play against Storm, Dredge or Affinity?
I wouldn't mind playing against any of them. The more challenging an opponent, the better.
60. Most broken block?
61. Most broken tribe?
62. Most broken card?
63. Most broken deck?
Pick a Vintage deck, any Vintage deck.
64. Do you prefer elves, goblins or merfolk?
All are terrible, but Merfolk are the only tribe which require thinking.
65. Would you rather lose a close game or lose after getting completely stomped?
Definitely a close game.
66. What cards need to be banned in which formats?
The banlists seem fine.
67. What cards need to be unbanned in which formats?
68. Do you prefer to be on the play or on the draw?
On the play, obviously.
69. Sexiest character in Magic?
70. Would you rather play against an indestructible creature or a hexproof creature?
An indestructible creature, because there are no good indestructible creatures.
71. Least favorite block?
I don't hate any blocks in particular, only specific sets.
72. Least favorite tribe?
73. Do you consider yourself good at Magic?
I'm better than most of my playgroup, but below average compared to Magic players worldwide.
74. Do you think life-gain decks can work well?
Depends on the card pool. If there are enough enablers and the metagame is all aggro, sure, why not.
75. What colors work best for an aggro deck?
Depends on the card pool.
76. What colors work best for a control deck?
Depends on the card pool, but usually blue.
77. What colors work best for a combo deck?
What colors are the combo pieces?
78. What card are you just dying for Wizards to reprint?
Inquisition of Kozilek.
79. Path to Exile or Swords to Plowshares?
Swords to Plowshares.
80. Which one is best? Dark Confidant, Tarmogoyf, Snapcaster Mage or Stoneforge Mystic?
Stoneforge Mystic, by far.
81. What's the rarest card you own?
My father has a Beta Sol Ring.
82. Are singles too expensive?
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.
83. Are you competitive or casual?
Trying to be competitive.
84. What makes a good set?
Good cards and a good Constructed environment.
85. Tell us about your most epic story involving Magic.
My friend once Comet Stormed me and another player for 20 each.
86. Do you ever buy from Core Sets?
Yes, especially since Wizards started printing new cards in them.
87. Ponder or Preordain?
88. What deck do you have that your friends hate?
My only deck, Standard Grixis control.
89. Is reanimator too powerful in casual?
I don't play casual formats, so I wouldn't know.
90. Ever buy any From the Vault Products?
Not a single one.
91. What about Duel Decks?
I have Jace vs. Chandra, Phyrexia vs. the Coalition, and two copies of Elspeth vs. Tezzeret.
92. How do you keep track of your life?
With a spindown life counter.
93. Ever been to any events or tournaments?
I've participated in two Grand Prixs, soon to be three, and several prereleases and FNMs.
94. Channel Fireball or Star City Games?
95. Do you think R&D is doing a good job?
96. Tell us about the card you've always wanted to be printed.
Suggestion – U – Instant – "You choose how target creature attacks or blocks this turn."
97. Who's scarier, Emrakul or Progenitus?
Emrakul, because annihilator 6.
98. Do you follow professional Magic?
A little. I try to keep up with the metagame.
99. Who is your favorite professional player?
Paulo Vitor Damo da Rosa.
100. Do you ever play Magic over Skype?
Categories: Magic: the Gathering